Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander lenses Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Voigtlander lenses « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 17, 2009 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently aquired a very nice Vito B with the 50mm f2.8 Color-Skopar lens. My question is: Is this the exact same lens as on my Bessamatic that has a "Color-Skopar X" or is it just a case of changed nomenclature?

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 267

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You got me curious as I have a Vito II and a Vito C with the Color-Skopar lens. Do you think the X might just denote that it's the interchangable version?

Adrian

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 43

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 07:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a good point.
I thought it might denote a later version of the lens, perhaps with different coatings.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 221

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe the X refers to it being for a Reflex.

Other manufacturers labeled their SLR lens similarly like the first Canon SLR (Canonflex) used the R designation to indicate Reflex.

I don't believe they are the same exact design but can't say with certainty.

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dunno where you get "X" standing for reflex; the B is just a simple viewfinder camera, just like the II, even though the II is a folder and the B is not. (I have a Vito II; it was my only camera for a long time, and the Color Skopar is a truly fine lens.)

Also don't know what this business of "different coatings" is. People seem to have a lot of misconceptions about the function of lens coatings, and the different qualities thereof. One myth is that better coatings = better pictures. It's true that coatings have improved over time, and that modern coatings (including multi-coatings) are probably superior to earlier ones. But keep in mind that all coating really does is to reduce reflections from glass surfaces, therefore potentially improving contrast. They really have nothing at all to do with color rendition or image sharpness, contrary to popular belief.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 222

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The reflex the poster is referring to is the Bessamatic which was a single lens reflex having the Skopar X lens.

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah, so. My bad for not reading carefully.

Estudleon
Tinkerer
Username: Estudleon

Post Number: 5

Posted on Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are two version of Skopar lenses for SRL. One (the oldest) focus from 1 m and the second version focus from 60 cm.

I think that the "X" lens (I had both) is the last version.

Not multicoated. The same coating for both. Not flash version.

Rino.

Jecicapapa
Tinkerer
Username: Jecicapapa

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One myth is that better coatings = better pictures. It's true that coatings have improved over time, and that modern coatings (including multi-coatings) are probably superior to earlier ones.plesae see this site:http://www.acetechsz.com/

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 50

Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What is that, spam? Pretty stupid response in any case ...

Estudleon
Tinkerer
Username: Estudleon

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

None of the RF skopar are the same than the SRL ones. Why? The RF is the skopar in the original schame, the SRL one had to be designed to longer register to be in focus in long distance to the film 'cos the mirror (that isn't in the RF cams). And if you look for the best skopar 50 mm, take the F/3,5 version.

Rino.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration