Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Certo Dollina III Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Certo Dollina III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chauncey_o_hara
Tinkerer
Username: Chauncey_o_hara

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 25, 2009 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seasons Greetings
I have recently purchased a Certo Dollina III and am hoping someone out there can answer my questions.
Shutter.
The shutter can be cocked. It can be released by touching the trigger on the lens itself but cannot be triggered by depressing the shutter button on the top plate. Is there a locking mechanism that is preventing the button from being depressed.
Film Rewind.
The film advance knob works, film can be advanced, however, I cannot rewind. Is there some other button/lever that must be moved in order to allow the advance spool to rotate backwards to facilitate rewind.

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 91

Posted on Sunday, December 27, 2009 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no Certo Dollina III since it is a very rare species. But contemporary cameras also the Super Dollina which was the sucessor of the Dollina III had a locking mechanism for the top release button. To press it down you have to load a film,f. ex. a dummy film and to transport it. Or you have to simulate the film transport by turning the sprocket wheel inside the film chamber. After each frame you can do one shot.

Chauncey_o_hara
Tinkerer
Username: Chauncey_o_hara

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reiner,
Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion and it works. Now if I can just find out how to rewind the film.
By the way, how rare is this camera. I got it for $ 20 at the local antique store

Rene_apilado
Tinkerer
Username: Rene_apilado

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, January 01, 2010 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have a Dollina III, but with my Super Dollina to rewind you have to pull up the wind knob and give it a slight turn clockwise. This will allow the film take-up spool to turn freely. After rewinding turn the wind knob counter-clockwise to return it to its original position.

Reiner
Tinkerer
Username: Reiner

Post Number: 95

Posted on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 03:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Dollina III is very rare since it was build only for a short period and then replaced by the Super Dollina which is more common. I live in Germany and the collector's market here is quite different form the one in the US. Here the Dollina III goes for prices from 80 EUR to 150 EUR sometimes even higher when in excellent condition. So 20$ is a realy very good price.

Jecicapapa
Tinkerer
Username: Jecicapapa

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here the Dollina III goes for prices from 80 EUR to 150 EUR sometimes even higher when in excellent condition. So 20$ is a realy very good price.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration