Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Braun Paxettes Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Braun Paxettes « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Keith
Tinkerer
Username: Keith

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have started collecting specimens of the gear I learned on in the 50's. I haven't managed to find the first two yet, a Voigtlander Bessa II and a Voigtlander Vito IIa but have No3 a Paxette in absolutely immaculate condition, looks like new, straight out of the box. It has the extinction meter, and No 4, a Super Paxette with the rangefinder and 2 lenses. There's a Cassarit 45mm F2.8 and a Kreuznach-E-Telenar 135mm F5.6 which unfortunately has a spot of mould inside the front element. I could use some advice on how to get inside the lens to clean it out without damaging it! Where do I start?.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 80

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just happen to have one of those lenses (a Steinheil München Cassarit 45mm) on my Super Paxette. I lubricated the helicoid on this several years ago. I could take a look at it later, though it sounds like you need help with the 135 instead.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration