Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XD 11 w/200mm lens and Yashic... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Minolta XD 11 w/200mm lens and Yashica TL Electro X « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Specialcake
Tinkerer
Username: Specialcake

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I came here because I'm looking for some information on the two cameras listed in the post title that I have in my possession. I would like to sell them, however I see that the other forum page here is only for cameras of this era that are in very bad condition. My Google shopping and E-bay searches suggest to me that these cameras are worth a pretty penny.
I just can't seem to find a local camera store that specializes in these sorts of cameras. What might I do to sell these cameras, which are in pretty decent condition (and a whole bag full of accessories for the Minolta) to someone who might really like to purchase them?

Following this post are pictures of the Minolta XD 11 with the 200mm lens attached. I will try to get some decent pictures of the TL Electro X soon.

Thanks in advance!

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 309

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If cameras like this were worth "a pretty penny" I would be rich considering I have boxes and boxes of these things laying around here that are rapidly becoming more and more worthless as the John Q. Publics of the world clean their closets and dump more and more obsolete camera eq. into an already over saturated market with fewer buyers than sellers.

You have answered your own question. If you perceive them to be selling for big $ on eBay maybe you should sell them on eBay. I can stand the competition. I get the impression you were looking at the "Buy-it-now" prices, not auctions, which are the true indicator of resale vale. Buy-it-now sellers are hopeful that someone will actually pay the over inflated prices they list their eq. at but seldom do.

Start the auction off at 0.99 cents (as everyone does) with the standard disclaimer that you found these in your grampa's closet and don't know anything about them, etc., and, after waiting a week for the auction to end, enjoy the big bucks finale of $8.00 to $25. that the average auction results in.

But, personally, my belief is your posting is a veiled offer-to-sell. Too many old timers here for that. Try the chumps at photo.net

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 85

Posted on Friday, May 07, 2010 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just out of curiosity, I checked the recent closed auctions. It looks like the average price for an XD-11 is between $50-$100. A black body sold for over $200. Maybe you should start un-packing those boxes Tom!
My best advice is to buy some film and start using the camera, you'll get alot more enjoyment out of it than money.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 35

Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2010 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Along the lines of Tom and Wayne's comments. The Minolta XD-11 seems to have some collector value, especially depending on the optics attached. If the 200mm is a Rokkor, that will be better than the Celtic.

As far as the TL Electro X - $20-$25 would probably be normal, here again depending on the optics. If they both work, as Wayne says, it may be more fun to load 'em up, shoot 'em and amaze the digital crowd.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration