Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I'd like to ID this view camera Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » I'd like to ID this view camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Daryl
Tinkerer
Username: Daryl

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This camera has no name on it. There is a number "9" on the underside of the front extension bed.
It comes with a carry case (which is in pretty poor shape) and includes 6 film holders. The camera measures about 18-1/2" long, 14-1/2" high and 12-1/4" wide, not including the knobs. Film size is 8x10". The lens mounting ring says "Germany".
Do I need to get a lens for it in order to get a decent price for it, or leave it as it is? The thread diameter in the ring appears to be 5.5cm.
Do you have any idea of its value.

Daryl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 07:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

O,o!!
Think I'm having trouble uploading pics.

Daryl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And a couple final pics...

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 312

Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm thinking it is a Seneca. The "Germany" on the lens ring only means that the shutter/lens was probably a German one and whoever took the lens left the mounting ring behind.

No, guess you don't need a lens in order to sell it. Whatever lens you put on it may not be the one the user wants to shoot with.

The important thing is bellows condition and if the controls tighten up properly.

Oatmeal, get away from that camera. (Oatmeal is the neighbor's cat but the neighbor died so, now, she is sort of my cat after the inheritor threw her and her "brother" into the street. She is 17.).

These things usually do $150.(?) more or less on eBay but you should run a search of completed sales to be sure.

Daryl
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have I.D.ed this camera. It is a Korona View Camera.
http://www.historiccamera.com/cgi-bin/librarium/pm.cgi?action=display&login=koronaview

Possible runner-up is the Criterion...
http://piercevaubel.com/cam/gundlach/crit.htm

The front piece that has the name plate is the deciding factor. Although the wooden part is shaped as it is on the Korona, there is no name plate of any kind and it is obvious that there never was one.

Anyway, you may be wondering how I found out where to look for it. The name "Gundlach Manufacturing Corporation is printed (hidden) on the negative carrier. I'm kinda proud of myself for finding that.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration