Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

AND SHE SCORES!!!! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » AND SHE SCORES!!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Magkelly
Tinkerer
Username: Magkelly

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 21, 2010 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, it's not fancy and all black but it IS an Pentax Spotmatic II! Yes, I just nailed my "dream camera" and hopefully it will actually work when I get it! I've had my eye on this baby all week, charity auction, but I figured it would likely go too high and get away from me.

Well, well, it didn't, the Gods of Old Cameras were smiling on me from above apparently, so now it's mine ALL mine! Well, at least until I can afford an all black SPII down the road anyhow. I do kind of covet an all black one, but really I don't mind zebra though. I'm just glad to finally have an SPII.

They say "The shutter appears to function, nothing looks scratched or broken, and it appears clean including the mirror." It does look a bit dirty on the outside to me, but that's nothing I can't fix if the rest works okay. I've got my little fingers crossed anyway.

I've got the 50MM Takumar kit lens already, but this one comes with the 55MM so I guess I'll have both now. Or maybe I'll sell one or the other, who knows?

I've also got my eye on a K1000 SE, and depending upon how high that one goes I just might spring for that one too and let go of the AE-1 and the Vivitar. I'm not nearly as fond of them as I am of my Pentax cameras and I'll need to recover the dough I'm spending on these anyway.

I figure 3 Spotties are way more than enough camera kit for me in terms of SLRs and if they are all Pentax, I can grab an M42 adapter for the K1000 and just swap my lenses between them.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 56

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 05:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice score!
Another Pentax freak here.
Just one comment: Beware of cheap M42 adapters. I've heard way too many horror stories of aftermarket adapters with tolerances issues making them hard or nearly impossible to remove. Some leave metal shavings when you use them and many of them do not allow the lens to focus to infinity. While there are some good aftermarket ones, I'd recommend to go with an original Pentax adapter. Pentax is still making them and selling thru their website, but they are also easy to find on eBay.

Thanks,
Ismael

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration