Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

AN odd item i picked in a trade what ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » AN odd item i picked in a trade what is a KOPIL self timer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bobehud
Tinkerer
Username: Bobehud

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay maybe that was a silly way to ask but what era was it used in..it is a gorgeous red on the back in perfect shape in a green and clear box instructions with it.Hell i took a bunch of macro shots ...looks like its never been used..anyone ever own one of these ..its to dang pretty to use..lol

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 840

Posted on Saturday, August 28, 2010 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From the late 50s onwards - came in two types, A-C and D-C. From memory the D type has a longer 'nose' so that the body containing the clockwork sits further away from the leaf shutter housing or camera body. At some point in time the unit was issued in a 'new style' blue plastic box - no clear plastic lid. Some people seem to pay stupidly high prices for these things, but they were very common and must have been quite cheap in 1960 because although a penniless student there was one in the bottom of my camera bag. Did not use the Kopil much as I preferred the German type (maker forgotten) that clipped onto the plunger of the already attached cable release. This type was much simpler and quicker to use.

Bobehud
Tinkerer
Username: Bobehud

Post Number: 16

Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 03:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well well...i just peaked in at Ebay and nada,zip, nothing..

Foto_gaga
Tinkerer
Username: Foto_gaga

Post Number: 34

Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn: Auto Knips I, II and III. Let me know if you need any.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration