Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

My New Collector's Web Site - What do... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » My New Collector's Web Site - What do you think? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gyurmi
Tinkerer
Username: Gyurmi

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 06:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Everyone,

I'm building a new web site where I describe the cameras in my collection:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~gpauka/foto/Collection/collection.html

Your comments and constructive criticism are very much welcome.

Thanks,
gyurmi

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 105

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks George, for this excellent presentation and the superb pictures on your new site. I have saved it in my favorites.
Richard.

Gyurmi
Tinkerer

Post Number: 18

Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Richard for your comment. I'll be adding more stuff as time permits. There is still a lot of work to be done. I'm trying to take good photos of them that show good detail while not being too standard, boring. That's the hardest part... to find interesting angles etc. And to get the lighting right - it doesnt' want to work sometimes. Any suggestions (examples of forum members' work) would be greatly appreciated. When one learns by trial and error it can take a loooong time.

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 106

Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gyurmi;
On your excellent web site regarding Minolta XE-1 you state:

"As opposed to Minolta's earlier SLRs, this is an electronic camera - it won't be of much use without a battery. (When a battery is not installed, the shutter operates at a constant speed of about 1/100 sec. on all shutter speed settings, except for B. On B the shutter stays open as long as the shutter release button is held down. I like the fact, that the shutter fires on all speeds, even when the battery is flat or missing."

My XE-7 which is Indentical to XE-1. Without battery, fires only as follows:
Power switch in "On" position.
1. Speed set at "X" (1/90th sec. which is flash sync. speed.) Shutter fires at 1/90th sec.
2. Speed dial set at "B" (Bulb) shutter remains open until you release the shutter button.
These are the only two designed modes in which the shutter will fire without battery.
At all other speed settings it sounds as though the shutter is firing but if you open the back you will notice that the shutter is not firing at any settings other than "X" or "B"
This is meant only as constructive info. Hope that you consider it as such.
Richard.

Gyurmi
Tinkerer

Post Number: 19

Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Holly cow, you're right! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. In that case the only advantage over the OM-2 is that at least the camera doesn't get locket up - you can wind up the shutter and select 'X' or 'B' and continue. (Although your can also 'Reset' the OM-2, but interestingly it's not possible to select 'B' after the selector was turned to some other speed, so at that point the camera becomes unoperational.)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration