Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkor AIS 35-70 35-70 Macro Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Nikkor AIS 35-70 35-70 Macro « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David_ritchie
Tinkerer
Username: David_ritchie

Post Number: 57

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikkor AIS 35-70 Macro 3.3-4.5 but no owners manual.This lens has two dots, one orange and the other green where you set the aperature and the dots are 1 stop apart.Also are two tiny dots of these colors at the base of two fine red lines leading to the distance settings. I have no idea what these dots are for and am curious to learn. Can anyone tell me what they are for? I suspect that they have something to do with the Macro on this lens but do not know. Thanks for any guidance.

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 41

Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This lens has dual aperture index marks since it is a variable F stop lens. The colored dots correspond to the colors of the 35 and 70 markings on the zoom ring. This would only be used if you are fitting the lens to a non-TTL meter camera body. These same colors are used on the distance scale for infrared focus compensation.

David_ritchie
Tinkerer
Username: David_ritchie

Post Number: 58

Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much for you answer. It was one of those things that bug you but in this case has no effect on my use.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration