Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Bayonet 1 Do Rollei Filters fit Yashi... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Bayonet 1 Do Rollei Filters fit Yashica et al? - NO! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham_austin
Tinkerer
Username: Graham_austin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Yashica Mat and have bought a couple of Rollei Bay 1 filters. All the Ebayers say these fit Rollei, Yashica etc. However, I find that the genuine Rollei filters do not fit my Yashica. The flange on the Yashica camera is too thick compared with the distance between the main filter body and the three "ears" on the mount. I'm guessing that Yashica filters are a sloppy fit on a Rollei but do not fit vice versa. Any thoughts?

Eugennmezei
Tinkerer
Username: Eugennmezei

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I remember correctly it is a problem of cheapish Yashica solution. The Rollei has 3 of the little balls in the bayonet whereas the Yashica only one.

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 37

Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Rollei Bay 1 filters fit perfectly on Minolta Autocord and Ricoh Diacord, they have 3 balls in the bayonet mount.
I don't remember if my late Yashica Mat had exactly the same construction but even the Yashica tele- and wide-converters did not have a tight fit on the Yashica Mat !
As you can guess I got rid of all that stuff...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration