Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help Identifying Agfa Jsolette Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Help Identifying Agfa Jsolette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 62

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up this Isolette at a flea market. I'm not sure just what vintage. It has the Jgestar lens and the camera is marked Jsolette. Every thing I have found, shows the black top to be a plastic with a black winding know. This appears to be painted aluminum with an aluminum winding knob. I'm wondering if it is the 1938-1942 era noramlly associated with black or a newer one with the Igestar lens. I didn't think the Igestar was used after 1942. Thanks
Agfa Isolette

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 898

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Presumably this is the 1936 version, ie the first Isolette production after the name change from Isorette. It has been stated by some people that name change occurred in 1937 but the consensus would have 1936 as change date. The 1938/1942 Isolette 6.3 has a black plastic top, but what the Isolette produced in the months between the name change and 1938 had is unknown to me. One has to be somewhat wary as parts on these models are very interchangeable, although it is normally the lens/shutter unit that gets swapped.

There is an Isorette on eBay at the moment - it is stated to be a very rare 1937 model and has a black top plate with a black winding knob! So where does that leave one on the research trail?

Try this as a starter -

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Agfa-Isolette-Medium-Format-Folder_W0QQugidZ1000000000 2810932

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 63

Posted on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Glenn. I'm beginning to think it is some kind of heinz 57. It isn't the dual format - 6X6 only. It doesn't have neckstrap rings. All this makes me think it is after '42 but before the polished aluminum top and Agnar, Apotar and Solinar lens names.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration