Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help identifying Polaroid backs please Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Help identifying Polaroid backs please « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Photographer_x
Tinkerer
Username: Photographer_x

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Polaroid made a lot of film backs for large format and I am familiar with a few but most that I have do not have a model # or any identifying #. How do I figure out what backs I have? Website showing all these things somewhere?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 82

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You could go to any of the auction/for sale sites, do a search on Polaroid backs, and see what pictures come up. Then you could cross reference these to your collection.

PF

Photographer_x
Tinkerer
Username: Photographer_x

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, seems Polaroid made a 550, 405, 545/545i and a 500. Looks like only the 405 and 550 are still useful. If there are others made to be used with 4x5 that weren't mentioned, feel free to add you data.

Really am surprised no one here could answer this. Guess there are not that many photographers here. Just people trying to hammer old stuff back together again for fun or profit.

Brianshaw
Tinkerer
Username: Brianshaw

Post Number: 107

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please, George, tell me that you have an odd and sarcastic sense of humour... please.

Why don't you post pics of your backs and some of us photographers can better educate you as to which is which.

Your list is OK but you seem to have forgot the back that used Polaroid roll film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration