Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Screw attachment for Camera to head. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Screw attachment for Camera to head. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rgb_mike
Tinkerer
Username: Rgb_mike

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a Slick printed under a 3 pointed crown. This faces front & has a handle & I
put this head on a Monopod. The rare part I lost
screws into the Bipod hole. Now the hole is 3/4"
across & 7/8" deep with a groove 3/4 of the way down. After the part is attached to the Camera you insert the slug into the hole & find the groove so the cam action insert that comes in from the side is rotated by a lever that tightens
the camera down onto the rough rubber pad.
Then the little lever snaps back & out of the way. This was the best head I ever had on a monopod & I lost it somewhere at a Wedding I shot
2 weeks ago. I need this part however I will buy
the whole Tripod if you want to sell the whole thing. If you know where I can find the part I
would be very grateful.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 282

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check here:

http://www.tripodquickrelease.com/Slik_Quick_Releases.htm

It sounds as if what you need is the 6121.

Rgb_mike
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Matthew.

I went through the URL the problem is while
#618-752 looks somewhat like the German made
SLICK my quick R is a 1 piece metal that is
not listed. Well it's only been 2 weeks &
this is why we gather here. Can't find it
can;t fix it? your in the wrong place go to
Wally-World & buy a Digi. Not a chance I
am getting ready to build my first Darkroom.

So thanks again Matthew
Cheers Mike.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 283

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 09:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible the dimensions are the same, but the design has changed? I seem to recall also seeing an all-metal version of this one in the past, but if it's the right size it might still work.

If it's similar in design, but a different dimension, perhaps you can find a small machine shop that can make you something. It's not a very complicated part.

Rgb_mike
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"perhaps you can find a small machine shop that can make you something. It's not a very complicated part."
Yes this seems like a good idea
Mike

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 56

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hope I got it right.
I have been with KY for many years just could not get back in.

Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration