Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Battery Adapter for Canon GIII QL17 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Battery Adapter for Canon GIII QL17 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick
Tinkerer
Username: Rick

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I AM LOOKING FOR THE BATTERY ADAPTER (BAT 81S) that was made by FJ de Guijter or would anyone have a new e-mail address to contact him? Will buy one in good working order. Does anyone have one to sell?

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 100

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the latest email addy I have seen. Is this the one you have tried?

[email protected]

From this site

http://www.ihagee.org/batt-adapt-us.pdf

Rick
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 - 09:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Denny, when I tried his e-mail address a msg. came back about not being in the virtual network? I did like the diodes he uses and had looked at www.paulbg.com so I still think would like to get the Dutch adaptor and will have to try again I had tried another e-mail that was for this person as well but it also came back with the same msg. Was going to write a letter to see if he would answer that the adaptor he has is worth it I think. Thanks for the reply and when I find out how to contact this person will let you know. Thanks again.

Donyet
Tinkerer
Username: Donyet

Post Number: 60

Posted on Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have successfully used the 1.3 volt #675 zinc air battery as a replacement for the mercury battery. I buy a set of rubber O-rings that fit around the battery so it has the proper diameter, and use a small brass washer to fill the space between the contact and the battery.

Here is someone's post on Flickr on the same subject, and it shows a photo of a similar set-up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vox/2144037449/

Fedupwithdigital
Tinkerer
Username: Fedupwithdigital

Post Number: 20

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2012 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a real shame if Frans is no longer making his adpaters. I got one from him a year ago and the whole process was great!

The email address I had was the [email protected] one. I've had a search around the internet. Other email addresses in the past that he used were-

[email protected]

and

[email protected]

His address is given as Waddinxveen, The Netherlands. Hunting around, I've found this address for a F P de Gruijter in Waddinxveen-

Zuidkade 161,
2741JJ Waddinxveen
telephone 0182-632272

[From this website - http://www.detelefoongids.nl/tg/plaats-Waddinxveen/w-frans%20de%20gruijter/1/?ed sacid=int123736753]

No guarantee it's the same guy, however.

Is there a Frans de Gruijter on Facebook? I'm not on any social network sites but if anyone here is, maybe they could check that angle. It must be good for something!

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 200

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2012 - 03:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, seems that not all is lost !

The latest version of the manual of this adapter, including ordering information, is very recent, May 2012. It can be found here :
http://www.stutterheim.org/rolleigraphy/download/batt-adapt-US.pdf

Fedupwithdigital
Tinkerer
Username: Fedupwithdigital

Post Number: 21

Posted on Friday, June 22, 2012 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well done finding that pdf.

So his new email address is [email protected]

It would be good to know from the OP if he is successful in making contact.

Rick
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks everyone for the info., I had his Netherland address and e-mail but could not send an e-mail from my computer. Thanks for all the information on this will follow up soon, not at my place will return in a few weeks to get one of hie adapters

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration