Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Can you identify this Polaroid Land b... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Can you identify this Polaroid Land back? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Allen_riley
Tinkerer
Username: Allen_riley

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I was hoping someone here could help me identify this item. I picked this up at Goodwill and it's obviously a Polaroid pack film back but I'm not familiar with this type. It has a lens and then two loose screws as if this screws into something else. I did a search and couldn't come up with it's origins or general use. Anyone have any clues?

Land Camera Back

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 181

Posted on Sunday, July 01, 2012 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, it goes on some computer doo-hickey to make instant prints from the display. Forgot the name of the thing.

I have one also. I studied the film pack part of it thoroughly and concluded Polaroid made this (and other similar devices with film pack backs) so that they could not be adapted to normal use on a regular camera. When you undo the screws you suddenly have nothing to hold the dark slide in place even though the film pack part does come off but leaving you no way to use the dark slide. So, if you intend to fix it in place and make it a dedicated film back on some home built camera then you got a possible use for it. If you need a dark slide for some other back, it may work.

If somebody needs one, let me know.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 293

Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a similar one for an ociliscope.. couldn't adapt it to anything other than a franken camera adaptation.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration