Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

1925 Kodak Box Brownie 2 (f) Camera R... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » 1925 Kodak Box Brownie 2 (f) Camera Review & Teardown video :o) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Retrogamervx
Tinkerer
Username: Retrogamervx

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all, just to let you know that I picked up the above camera from a carboot sale for £5. To my surprise, there is also an undeveloped film inside.

I have made a video showing the camera and doing a teardown to show people how these cameras work. Hope you enjoy the video and leave any relivent comment :o)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPIP7phdwAU

Best regards

Steve

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 109

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Steve - here is everything you need to know

http://www.cameramanuals.org/kodak_pdf/kodak_brownie_2.pdf

This is the 67 page instruction manual. It includes how to do everything photographically, including processing the film.

I am quite sure the Verichrome Pan film is unexposed, especially if it was on the top. You are correct that you do not rewind roll film. I would suggest you load it and process it. However, since that film hasn't been made for the past 10 years, you will probably have to process it yourself, or find a lab willing to try it.

By they way, that leather "handle" on the top is usually missing or broken, so you got a pretty clean copy. You can easily cut a piece of mirror to fix the view finders. Windex and q-tips will be your best friend.

I recently picked up the green version of the same camera.j

Enjoy it. You will be the envy of all those Nikon and Canon Digital shooters :-)

Marty
Tinkerer
Username: Marty

Post Number: 96

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2012 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a fun video. :-) The chances are a bit slim, but film can hold a latent image for quite a while... I once had a roll of 116 film developed that I found in an old Folding Pocket Kodak. It came back with no prints, because the developer figured it had failed, but on close examination, I was able to make out pictures of a woman in a long dress with a little kid outside. I had this done in the 1970's, and the styles appeared to probably be 1930's or earlier. I would expect the film had darkened due to natural background radiation and simple chemical degradation.
The "wide open shutter" setting is for time exposures. You could put the camera on a tripod and open the shutter, or while it was open set off a flash... Usually a sort of indoor fireworks, since flash bulbs didn't come along til 1929 or '30.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration