Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Target Brownie Six-20 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Kodak Target Brownie Six-20 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Monkey43
Tinkerer
Username: Monkey43

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello! I am new to the forum and have a few questions about a Kodak Target Brownie Six-20 that I just acquired. I am assuming it was manufactured between 1941 and 1946 due to the name on the inside of the camera. I wrote the model number down as well but am wondering how I can find out the exact date. Also, when I opened up the camera today I found an old roll of film still inside of the camera. I'm not sure how long it has been in there, but is it safe to keep the film in the camera or should it be removed?

Marty
Tinkerer
Username: Marty

Post Number: 97

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hard to say what the EXACT date is, but according to McKeown's Guide you've got the date range right... The Target Brownie was introduced in 1941, and the name was changed to Brownie Target in 1946.
There should be no problem in leaving the roll of film in the camera. Some earlier films I might worry about, but by that time, film was pretty stable. If it's been shot already, there's a slim chance there might be pictures on it if you have it developed.

Monkey43
Tinkerer
Username: Monkey43

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the quick reply! My parents and I were discussing on whether or not to develop the roll. I was thinking that I may have overexposed it today seeing the roll wasn't completely finished. It would be neat though if there are exposures on the roll!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration