Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AF35ML Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Canon AF35ML « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brandonq
Tinkerer
Username: Brandonq

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just bought this camera and not sure if it's a dummy or the real deal.

Mine says "canon made in taiwan r.o.c. 1204876" on the bottom but when i looked up other pictures, it was usually on the back film cover.

Could it be the rust on the battery cover that's not powering it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 416

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Both of mine say the same thing, in the same location, and are older than yours by serial number.

Not sure what your complaint is, but I am surmising that yours does not power up. If you've got rust on the battery compartment door, them there is a worse problem than if it was corrosion from a leaky battery. Maybe indication of a camera that has been underwater. You can clean the contacts in the battery compartment, and the plate on the lid, then see if you get power. If not, then you need to open it up to find if there is continuity from the contacts to the rest of the circuits.

It's a very well constructed model, and that 40/1.9 lens performs well. And looks very cool.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration