Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Polaroid Instant Cameras Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Polaroid Instant Cameras « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jessmile
Tinkerer
Username: Jessmile

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 06:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Polaroid Instant Cameras are the kind of things you can't tell why people still are using them after all the years. You see, the pictures sure are not as neat and clear as the new digital cameras, but surely, they produce a feeling that you can't have with the modern cameras.

I myself recently bought an old Polaroid One Step Camera, Sears Special Edition. I'm waiting to receive the films that I ordered separately and then I'll be all set to take sweet shots from my entourage, landscape,etc. The polaroids were pretty limited from the technical point of view. For example, the camera I just bought needs to have flash bars attached to it in order to produce a flash haha. You might be wondering why am I using this device and why did I just bought one... The answer is simple, with this camera, every pictures feel special and you can take a picture and instantly have it in your hands a poloroid camera

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 289

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's been a long time since I cranked up a Polaroid, but I used to take a fair number of pictures with the SX-70. Its color was really pretty good, and there are some people who are convinced that there's something special about Polaroid color.

Whether that's true or not for us ordinary folk is debatable, but if you look back at some of the stuff Marie Cosindas was doing 20 or so years ago, it certainly was capable of good work.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 429

Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He's a scammer selling "poloroids". Don't click on the link.

PF

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 253

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It just amazes me how few people can actually spell "Polaroid". There are scads of Poloroids and Polarads out there. A close second are the number of Kodacks.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 120

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm still looking for that Kodack Duraflex to go with my Kodak Duaflexes. Always end up disappointed when I see the photo of the camera. :-)

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 290

Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I didn't click since I already have a pile of old Polaroids, but sorry he's a scammer. But since this thread has opened, I hope some of the rest of you look up some of the interesting artists who have used Polaroid film in the past.

Biloraguy
Tinkerer
Username: Biloraguy

Post Number: 9

Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Later Polaroids were about as easy to use at the original Kodaks and have something that Gidget-Digetals don't have -- a print although small but big enough for Aunt Matilda and Uncle Roscoe to be able to see clearly. Not everybody wants to make 24 by 28 inch prints or squint at the back of their camera. I see no point about being a gear snob although I do love old film cameras. They speak to me.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration