Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Recommended sellers on Ebay? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Recommended sellers on Ebay? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lars
Tinkerer
Username: Lars

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can anyone here recommend a good honest seller of Russian RF lenses on Ebay?
I have made a few purchases of Jupiter and Industar lenses...
... and I have been scammed!
It has not been the depicted items, and they have all been tampered with.
And one lens looked like it had been run over by a truck - several times. An other one seemed to have had its front lens sandblasted. (Described as cleaning marks).
Complaining gave no result. I had to go via the Ebay customer protection program to get my money back. Maybe I should add that I am not going for the lowest prices.

So, who do You recommend? All suggestions are welcome.

And further more; does it really have to cost $20 to send a lens from Russia or easter Europe? The guys in China can do it for free!

Enough whining!

//L

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 439

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He's not on eBay, but try http://www.fedka.com/catalog/

PF

G3bill
Tinkerer
Username: G3bill

Post Number: 38

Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I usually have had good luck with ebay, not always but mostly. You need to ask questions, get ser. no. if there is one and ask for more pics if needed. If you don't get what you ask for, pass. I bought 2 lenses from a guy in Canada and charged 30 for ship, think it cost him 20 but I wanted the items and were in real good like new cond. Just one has the blades sticking but have to expect things not to be perfect after 40 years. I bought a A-1 camera with motor drive and the guy was packing it and dropped it caving in the prism and cracked the motor drive battery box, he super glued the crack and sent it to me at no cost inclueding ship, I of course sent him the ship and it works great. So there are more good stories perhaps but most dont hear of them i'm sure. But Russia and China and some other countries ?

Frank Wilson (Wolfmancameras)
Tinkerer
Username: Wolfmancameras

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

China does ship for free 95 percent of the time since our penny is worth as much as 50 cents to them
FRANK

Frank Wilson (Wolfmancameras)
Apprentice
Username: Wolfmancameras

Post Number: 17

Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was lucky enough to purchase a very nice Helios 44-2 from Russia a few weeks before Putin invaded Ukraine The lens came is as described just 75 miles from Mariphol city limits in Russia
FRANK

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration