Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mystery camera accessory Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Mystery camera accessory « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 424

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can any tell me how to use this thing?
It came in a box of assorted odds and ends. The camera mount swivels through 90 degrees and locks in position when the thumbscrew is tightened. There are no springs. The double joint in the middle is relatively loose and cannot be tightened.
It doesn't look like there are missing pieces.
item1
item2
Any ideas?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 503

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe you tighten the joint by the screws. And my guess would be it was used in medical practice as a support to keep camera shake down while taking close-up photos of either wounds, or dental procedures. The stepper shaft comes in handy for repeating photos from the same lens-to-subject distance.

PF

Waynemel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 425

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried tightening the screws and they are as tight as possible. The joint is still loose. Also, the orientation of the camera mount means the direction of the lens is always perpendicular to the direction of the stepper shaft. So, it seems that the stepper is designed to move the camera up and down.
Could this be for a movie camera?

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1055

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This has nothing to do with medical or dental photography, Accura weren't into that field. It is rather a long time ago since I saw one of these, and as it was in home market packaging I could not make out all the details (I speak Japanese better than I read same), but Waynemel is not far off. One of the uses seemed to be a shoulder support for a movie camera. Using lower picture as ref - rotate the plastic covered wire support through 180 deg's, mount camera on screw pad, place wire support on top of shoulder, adjust 'stepper' shaft to bring viewfinder to eye level.

Item folds to go in pocket or bag and when used with a small movie camera, has all the advantages of a 'gunstock' steady without all the bulk associated with that type of steady.

Waynemel
Tinkerer

Post Number: 428

Posted on Friday, March 15, 2013 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here it is:
The LPL Chestpod
http://books.google.ca/books?id=cNQDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA124&lpg=PA124&dq=lpl+chestpod& source=bl&ots=Oev_6juBOo&sig=jwoSsgOEd6lVl8vxTffs8NzMu0Q&hl=en&sa=X&ei=6FFDUbmxM sTdyAGYo4CQCA&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=lpl%20chestpod&f=false

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration