Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Bronica or Mamiya? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Bronica or Mamiya? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arfd
Tinkerer
Username: Arfd

Post Number: 24

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With top class 645-format gear now available for reasonable prices, what is the opinion of aficionados with respect of the relative merits, or lack thereof, of Bronica 645 models vs Mamiya models?

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 269

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bronica is the way to go. Very cheap now. Full flash synchro at any speed. Components are cheaper to buy used and working than get busted ones repaired. I go for the ETRs because it is the upgrade from the original ETR but the ETRsi was downgraded a bit by making some parts plastic so the latest is not the greatest.

The plus on the Mamiya is you can adapt other lenses to it. Components may be higher priced on the bits that can be used on the digital Mamiya.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 299

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even thiough I repair the Mamiyas.. I love L O V E my Bronica ETRS for street n hand held work. It;s such a lady of cameras. Speed grip, focusing lever n prism.. you will have lots of fun n get great results sicne the leaf shutter is speed controlled by the body unlike Mamiyas where each lens' shutter may vary in speeds depending on last CLA n age.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration