Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon EM test light problem.. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikon EM test light problem.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruce

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there.. it came to my hands an nikon EM camera.. but the test light doesnt work, the manual mechanism works fine.. because i take a few pictures and came excellent. The only problem is that the test light, and the "photometer" doesnt work at all..

i cleaned the metal contacts.. change the batteries.. and nothing..

sorry about my english..!! im from argenina!!

best regads..!

Tom Martel

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Nikon EM that I love using but the last two rolls of film have had a problem. The photos are well exposed but about half of them have light streaks on the vertical axis of the picture. On some it's on the left or right side with varying thickness. A couple have them on BOTH sides ranging from 1 inch to 1/4 inch. A couple have the light streaks near the center of the picture, and about half the pictures have no problem at all. I used Fuji 400 film and confirmed that the camera was set up correctly. The problem pictures aren't bunched at any particular place in the roll.
I hate to think I need to junk this camera, I really like it. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Thanx Much
Tom Martel

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have a light seal leak, Tom. Pretty common. Please look over to your left...in the orange section that says "Camera Articles". Click on it and then look for "Jon Goodman's Seal Replacement Instructions" there. Click on that, and you'll find instructions for re-sealing the EM and other popular cameras. If you need a re-sealing kit, you can look for me on E-Bay. My ID is Interslice, and $6 will take care of you.

Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration