Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Chinon CEII memotron Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Chinon CEII memotron « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

BOB

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI,Having a problem with a loose outer lens and dust in the viewfinder,anyone know how to remove the top so I can get to the viewfinder .Thanks, Bob
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Goodman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Bob.
As I recall, there are two trim discs you'll need to remove (carefully). One sits on the winding / cocking handle, and one is the shutter speed dial. On the winding handle, about all you can do is to try to slip a straight pin under this and get it started. You may have to replace it with a little vinyl circle. On the shutter speed selector, try to get a thin piece of wood or plastic (a flattened bamboo skewer will do) in there to lift it. Some say you can warm these to remove them, but I've not had much luck with that idea. Just be very careful not to bend the shutter dial.
Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration