Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Bessamatic shutter line s... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Voigtlander Bessamatic shutter line spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

J. Peterson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 08:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I got a Bessamatic with stuck shutter button. After removing the top plate I was able to remove the stuck button. In the process, a loose spring jumped out of the shutter line. So, I do not know where it originally came from.

Q1. Does anyone have a picture of how the top of a Bessamatic should look like (openned)?

Q2. Is there another way to energize and release the shutter? for testing purposes?

few things I noticed:
- One end of the spring should be attached to the small lever that the film-winding lever moves (up/down) while advancing the film.
- Currently the mirror is down
- The shutter button moves freely, it looks like there isn't any problem there

Thanks in advance!

jp

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 03:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I removed the bottom plate too. Well, it is different from other slrs I have seen so far. At a certain position, when the shutter button is pressed, it fits into a piece there, however, nothing is released, and when the button assumes its original position nothing happens.

If someone has a picture or schema of the bottom plate of a Bessamatic, that would be useful. If not, I can always try to hunt down a cheap non-working body and compare. Thanks.

rick

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a couple of sketches that i can email to you. nothing for the bottom though.

rick

Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

....but i do have a bessamatic at home, i can pull off the bottom cover and snap a shot for you

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration