Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Adjusting rangefinder on Yashica GSN Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Adjusting rangefinder on Yashica GSN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob McKaughan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I ran a roll of film through my recently acquired GSN and found the focus consistently behind what I was focusing on. I also noticed that when I move the lens all the way to infinity (it stops there, properly), the rangefinder images are still not lined up - if I were able to continue past infinity, they'd line up.

I tried popping the hotshoe cover and adjusting it per yashica-guy.com, but even turning the screw all the way wasn't enough (turning it all the way the other way sent it way out).

1) The adjust screw only turned about 1/4 of a turn. Is this normal?

2) Any further ideas?

Thanks!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 07:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you probably need to remove the top plate and look inside. Something is not right, and it is difficult to say what that might be without seeing the thing. Normally a small movement of that screw will set the rangefinder back to infinity focus, but it sounds like there is more wrong with yours than this. I'd look closely at it, and I'd see if there are any parts which are loose or which have become loose (particularly mirrors, etc.)

Jon

Alan Newman

Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just picked up a Yashica GSN camera and can't figure out how to open the back to load film. I not sure if mechanism is working. What is the proper way to open. Thanks

Ditka

Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica_electro_35/yashica_electro_35.htm

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration