Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contaflex Super top removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Contaflex Super top removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alejandro

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there

I`am the proud owner of a Contaflex Super in very good condition. The only problem is that the exposure counter disc is loose and in rotates freely so I`am not able to check how many exposures are left on the roll.
Any seggestion for fixing it will be very appreciated
Have an excellent 2006 !

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i don't seem to have a top-remocal sketch for the super, but i do have one for the prima - i believe they are identical in the area you're concerned with. please email me if you'd like a copy.

rick : ) =

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or removal....

Alejandro

Posted on Friday, January 06, 2006 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick

Thank you very much

Steve

Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just reassembled my Contaflex Prima with the help of Rick's notes. If the Super is the same, the counter disc is held by the ring nut around the shutter release. There are no slots or holes to tighten it with. Assuming your nut is not missing, find a piece of plastic tube a suitable size, press it over the nut and tighten.

I thought there probably ought to have been a tab on the disc to engage with the release button and stop the disc turning, but if there ever was, it had been broken off on mine.

You don't need to take the top off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration