Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus c3000 lens not zooming Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus c3000 lens not zooming « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

robert otoole

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

having a problem when powering on you can hear a grinding that appears to be lens mechanism trying to activate the zoom. I would like to see if this is a stripped gear and would like to know the procedure for this repair...

nittany

Posted on Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Olympus c3000? what's that?

Mike Kovacs

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder if people are randomly entering via google, and bypassing the CLASSIC CAMERA forum home page with the posting guidelines?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well that might be one explanation but I personally do not think that is the answer. A certain percentage of people will just plain ignore the guidelines/instructions no matter what. You see these people in everyday life - fit people parking in disabled spaces, parking on pavements etc, I do not have to go on. These are people with little or no consideration for others.

However I think most of the people who post questions about 'modern cameras' do so because they see a forum that is both friendly and provides sound and workable answers, admittedly for classic kit. Some of the forums for modern stuff seem to be full of people bragging that 'theirs is bigger' or reeling off reams of technical rubbish about the mountain of kit they supposedly have/use. Some comments make me doubt that the writer has ever really used the equipment in question.

Many other forums/sites are an absolute pain to navigate and when you do successfully post a query, there is every chance that some clever sod will ridicule you for either using that particular piece of kit or asking a silly question. Interestingly the clever sod will never attempt to answer the question.

In amongst the huge volume of crap that floats around the internet there are a few nuggets of pure gold. This Forum is one such nugget, therefore do not be surprised when people post questions about non-qualifying cameras. I think a quiet pointer in the direction of a main agent is the way to go, but if people want to get hot under the collar and raise their blood pressure quoting the Rules then don't let me spoil your day.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration