Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S2 loose lens/shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica Auto S2 loose lens/shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Berk Sirman

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have bought a Konica Auto S2 in very good shape and everything is working right but the lens/shutter is wobbling a bit. The focus and aperture ring are kind of ok but the shutter speed ring is wobbly and I checked the rear element while wobbling the shutter speed dial and the rear element is kind of moving too. Do you know how I fix this?

My camera did not com with a built in lens hood as some do. Which aftermarket product would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Berk

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Berk,

When you openthe film back and look toward the rear element, you will see a concentric ring. Make sure this ring is tight. This sometimes causes the lens assembly to wobble a little.

You can use any 55mm standard lens shade, or check this eBay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7578296664

Good luck,

Jan

Berk Sirman

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I checked that ring and it is already tight. I found a thread in the archives and maybe I'll try that later today:https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/674/1083.html?1046021841

Thanks for the ebay link, that is what I was looking for. Regular shades may obstruct the rangefinder.

Berk

Berk Sirman

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Update: I cannot find where to tighten at the back of the shutter asembly. I removed the front plate from the body and removed the rear element but cannot find a collar there to tighten.

Berk

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Berk,

This page should give you plenty of information on the Auto S2:

http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html?Cameras/Electro35/Electro35.html~Main

Just click on the Konica Auto S2 link.....

All the best,

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration