Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta x370n - Film advance lever is... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta x370n - Film advance lever is stuck. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Adam

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever to advance the film is frozen midway. It has been sitting unused for about two years. Is this simply a battery problem?

Ed

Posted on Monday, January 09, 2006 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

many possibilities--first, try using a coin or similar to wind via motor dirve connector at bottom of camera--this will eliminate wind head area problems if it works from there.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like it is cocked but the shutter hasn't been fired. Could be a battery problem. I'd try new ones first.

Jon

adam

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 06:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried new batteries and that has not worked. I can turn the internal thing that the film attaches to but I cannot get the camera to fire or the film advace arm to move.

adam

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone else?

Henry

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 03:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First try resetting the camera mechanically. Take a look at https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/resetcamera.html

Sadly this resetting article died... no other cameras were added. One reader donated three or four photos of cameras with the bottoms removed but no instructions. And I wasn't familiar with those cameras. Oh well...

Henry

Adam

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Henry,

Thanks. So, (from seeing the picture) I remove the case and pysically unlock it. I can probably figure it out but do you have and suggestions on the process.

Henry

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

simply hold the windlock in a disengaged position while winding the camera.

That's it...

Eric Rogers

Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I followed the advise as above, the film advance does not rachet, just goes to the right then returns, any ideas. When I replaced the batteries, when you press the shutter release, the meter will come on, but when you press it harder as to actually release the shutter, the meter goes off.

Thank you

Andrew

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Eric, I have the EXACT same problem, i reset the camera replaced batteries, the meter will come on once when press then nothing.. still locked up.
did you happen to figure out what the problem was??

Rebecca

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a X370n also and i have a problem with the shutter. I can take pictures, but many times the shutter will get stuck and I get a picture that's half black. It happens 70% of the time when I'm using a flash and 20% of the time when I'm using existing light. It doesn't matter if i'm in a warm environment and this has been happening since I bought it in 1993....maybe this is a reason why they discontinued the camera. I've even had it cleaned and "fixed" but it continues to happen. I think I've about had it. My cousins wedding pictures came out half black and un-usable.... If they had a Kelly Blue Book or something for cameras, I wonder if this camera would come up as having frequent problems with its shutter.

Frida
Tinkerer
Username: Frida

Post Number: 1

Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i was pulling my hair out because i bought my XG-M used and after a month of good working order it jammed on me today. After hours of serching online, trying to bypass sending it out and $$ i found this page and the link given by Henry to reset and it worked like magic!!! i registered so I could thank him so, THANKS HENRY!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration