Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

BENT SHUTTER BLADES Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » BENT SHUTTER BLADES « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

sheeky

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so after a nice investment in a new lens, my camera is on the fritz.

it seems my shutter blades are bent and catching on one another, causing the shutter to jam every other release.

is it possible to repair this, or am i up shit creek with no paddle?

rick

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What camera are you talking about?

WernerJB

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What makes you say the blades are bent? The first blade seen from the front often has its point facing upwards (as in Citizen shutters) to make it slip over the others more easily, so there is nothing wrong there. I bet your shutter jams because it needs cleaning.

Glenn middleton

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The answer to the original question is any camera can be repaired, if you write an open cheque. The question of value for money is another thing all together.

More importantly; why is it that more and more people asking for help expect the rest of the population to be mind readers? 20 extra key strokes maximum and the answer most likely would have been posted by now. Perhaps my scientific background makes me somewhat intolerant to this sloppy attitude, but please remember to try and make the helper's life as easy as you can. The questioner will always benefit if he gives ALL the important facts.

Mom

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn,

You're not intolerant... you're just willing to say what others have been thinking. There is no excuse for posts like this.

But, not to make you feel bad... I know exactly what sheeky is writing about. After all, I AM psychic. The answer is: You made a lousy investment because you spent money on a lens for a broken camera. Not wise. Yes, the camera is repairable but your karma is bad so don't bother. Regarding 'poop' creek, if you don't find your paddle you'll be up there for quite some time!

WernerJB

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 04:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Only clearly formulated questions produce the desired answers, Glenn is right on that.
Glenn is also right complaining about some people's incapability to say what they want, in that respect everybody gets what they deserve.
This has nothing to do with intolerance, of course. There is no excuse for incontinent talk, and to put forward that one is psychic doesn't count.
I am not sorry to say that this forum is no place for karmic or linguistically aberrant tendencies, no matter how deep one is inside that ominous smelly canal.

Henry

Posted on Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, I'll pull out my logic crystal ball.

Sheeky, (does your mother call you Sheeky? should we?), bought a lens for his camera. So obviously the camera has interchangeable lenses, or Sheeky believes it does. It is probably an SLR with a Copal shutter. Any 50's Retina, Contaflex, etc would have locked years ago without a lens.

And, from my experience, more Nikons die of "thumb through shutter syndrome" than any other make. So it is probably a Nikon FM, because if it had an electronic shutter it wouldn't be working at all.

So Sheeky, am I right? If so, we can help you!

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration