Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3, flash sync Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica T3, flash sync « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Wing

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Konica T3 that wont sync with my flash unit. The expert at the camera store says the problem is in the T3, as he tried using a new flash unit and it did not work (both with the added hot shoe and the cord plugged into the "X" setting on the side of the camera).
Any thoughts?
Rich

Wenbiao Liang

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can try to take off the top of the camera (take the rewind off, 2 screws under rewind, the winder off, take the speed selector off).

There are two wires coming out of the shutter, a blue wire is for X, brown wire for M. Check if the solder point is loose or wire is broken. The blue wire is from shutter, then to the hot shoe point, from there, another blue wire is connected to the X.

Good luck.

M Currie

Posted on Friday, January 13, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a T3, make sure you keep an accurate record of the order in which the little washers and bits come off of the wind knob. It can take a good bit of trial and error to get it back right if you don't (no fair guessing how I know this).

I do recommend that you go ahead and take the top off if you can, at least to check it out, because the innards of the T3 are pretty roomy by comparison with more modern cameras (real wires, for example), and there's a very good chance you can fix this.

Richard Wing

Posted on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I get the rewind, speed selector ect. off the top plate? I cant find the 2 screws or any screws that hold these to the top plate.

thanks
Rich

Richard

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fixed my problem, thanks all for your help

Wenbiao Liang

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rich,
for the rewind: open the back, put a screw driver into the rewind fork, then turn the rewind key. It should come off. Then unscrew the 2 screws.

for the speed dial: turn the speed to 1/1000, then unscrew the center piece, notice the 2 little holes there? it will come off, then the speed dial, then the whole thing.

for winder arm: use a rubber material, a piece from bicycle tubes, or a bigger rubber band, hold it against the winder arm, and turn. it should come off. Then take the arm off, there should be a big screw, unscew that, the whole thing should be off. Remember the order. :)

Once you get all these off, the top can be taken off.

Good Luck.

Wenbiao

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration