Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Repair KONICA Auto S2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Repair KONICA Auto S2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

jason smith

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The film wind lever on my KONICA Auto S2 is jammed. Is there a way to free it. Thanks

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This may mean that the shutter cycle after release was incomplete and did not return to start position. If that is the case you cannot wind or cock the shutter, respectively. So I guess the shutter is jammed, being the reason for the symptom you describe. If I am right (at least) the shutter needs cleaning. You can search this forum ("Keyword Search") for the right way of doing this.

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Jason, it's me again, try searching for "double wind catch" + "Konica Auto S 2" and you'll probably find the key to your problem.

Howard

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason,
I had this happen a couple of times with an Auto S. What had happened was the the double wind on prevention latch in the base of the camera had moved to the locked position even though the camera had not been wound on after the last shot.
If you remove the bottom of the camera you should be able to locate it easily.
I think this is probably the problem, at least it's worth a try.
Good luck
Howard

jason smith

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

WernerJB thanks for the help.

It looks like I can drip some lighter fluid down the auto timer control which still works & clean the shutter. I would like to get this camera working because it is complete with lens cap & original case.

WernerJB

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 07:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jason, if I were you I would not do that, as the fluid will uncontrollably spread inside, even if the camera works for a while it is prone to jam again. Have a closer look at M. Feuerbacher's repair page, please: http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration