Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon T90 Focusing Screen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon T90 Focusing Screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 03:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I appologize in advance if this is too modern of a camera for this forum, although it is considered to be a classic camera by most.

Anyway, I just got my T90 and it came with an all-matte focusing screen. Since my style of photography is generally suited best to the split/microprism screens found in my other two SLRs, I would really like to change out the screen in my T90 for the same type. I checked both KEH and Ebay, and didn't find a T90 split/microprism for sale.

I would be very appreciative if anyone has a split/microprism screen for the T90 that they would be willing to sell or trade for an all-matte screen, or if anyone could point me to an online source where I might find such a screen.

Thanks,
Ben

Glenn middleton

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ben,

Ffordes Ltd in Scotland have a standard screen for £15.00, it is E++. That is a good working screen, I have done much business with them, so can recommend. www.ffordes.com Expect to pay much more for a Beattie replacement standard screen second hand.

However I have some spare T90 screens, email me direct and I will look at condition of the standard screens I have spare. They are all boxed but are not mint, any marks will be very small and located at the edge of frame. I scrap screens that are marked near the centre. I would be happy to do a direct swap.

Ben

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glenn,
Thanks for the link. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of also keeping the matte. I have one lens that is ideally suited for a matte screen(300mm 5.6), so it would probably be to my advantage to hold onto the matte. Assuming that £15.00 equates to about $20 US dollars, and that it wouldn't cost a whole lot to ship screen, I think that I can handle that.

Thanks again,
Ben

Ben

Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, make that $25 now that I've done a proper conversion, but that's still a very tolerable price. I might as well go ahead and buy the H screen they have, too, as it's only another £5.00, and you never know when you might need something like that. Thanks again for the link.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration