Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Om1 wind on fault Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Om1 wind on fault « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bill

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think it could be the clutch, but i cannot remember the thumb screw on the rewind lever is left or right hand thread, bill

rick oleson

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

am i missing something here?

: ) =

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My guess is that the Gentleman wants to remove the advance/wind on lever and is asking if retaining screw is rt/lt hand threaded. Then again it could refer to the rewind knob. As I know nowt about the OM range of cameras, I cannot offer any useful help.

Jim Pickett

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

this is a good sorce of info for removing the top of an OM-1,http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/tutorials/OM-1CoverRemoval/index.html The cap on the rewind lever is standard thread. My OM-1 doesn't always wind on fully and requires another wind to cock the shutter, is this the problem you are having? any idea how to fix it?

rick

Posted on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly. Yes, it's a regular Right Hand thread. Also, the black top on the screw is a separate aluminum piece and not the screw itself... holes in the top fascia align with the holes in the screw, but you have to be careful to avoid scratching it.

Yes, Jim, I know what causes that and how to fix it... pretty easy to do. Please email me and I'll send you a photo of the culprit.

rick : ) =

Jim

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the info Rick, very helpfull - your website is extremely usefull - i've put 3 rolls through this camera now - i think i've got it sorted. The meter was about a stop and a half out underexposing but with a little galvanometer tweaking its now spot on, the slipping wind lever is now perfect. I also had a slow opening curtain which messed up any shots using 1/1000, i have adjusted this back up to speed - though i wont know if i've got this right until i develop the next roll! but it looks nice and even now, instead of a wedge.

Jim

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration