Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Contina II shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss Contina II shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

James Goss

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I acquired a Zeiss Contina II (model 524/24) and managed to get the shutter cocked and fired once, but when I tried again, it appears the shutter clicked into the ready to fire position, but the shutter release is stuck, does not move much at all.

I heard about the small sprockets under the film path in the back and that by advancing those that the shutter might be released since that is part of the double exposure protection.

Any and all ideas are welcome. Thank you.

James Goss

James Goss

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hate to reply to my own email, but it appears that I simply had to figure out the sequence of events correctly. If the little sprockets are moved sufficiently (adequate to move a frame of 35mm film),
and the film take up spool is rotated a bit so that it locks in place,
then the shutter seems to always fire.

Looks like a great little camera, I hope it takes as good pictures as it is well built. It feels like an early Nikon - just short of a tank.

James

Rob

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

James, I have a Contina III. When I got it from someone through Evil Bay, the shutter and film advance were both jammed. Removal of the shutter from the camera body allowed me to figure out that they both worked on their own. Presuming you have a Prontor SVS shutter, the trick is getting the proper alignment with the film advance rack in the front of the camera. It took me about ten minutes to get the right alignment. If it isn't figured out yet, just play with it. You'll get it. There are four screws inside the camera body that will completely release the shutter.

mohsin

Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi . I recently acquired a zeiss ikon contina 1 a. prontar svs shutter. after cocking the lever the film adbance and shutter worked fine. then it stoppped working. need some help repairing the shutter? any ideas welcome.
i have removed the four screws and removed the whol lens assebly. the shutter is inside and it wont fir when i pull the brass lever on the reverse side of it

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration