Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help Needed: Rolleiflex T Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Help Needed: Rolleiflex T « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've received a Rolleiflex T that I need to get the front fascia panel off of. I've removed the synch knob, the 4 screws holding the panel on, and the spanner ring inside the PC connector bezel, but it appears to still be hung up on the PC connector and the shutter release.

I've downloaded the Rollei service manual from this site, and it includes drawings that suggest that the shutter release must be pulled out, but it doesn't seem to say how you go about doing that. It seems a bit trickier than the other Rolleis, or else I'm just not understanding something.

Can anyone help me out?

rick : ) =

Rob

Posted on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick needs help??? What next? The Leafs win the Stanley Cup????

Wayne

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick

I think you've just about done everything you have to. The little ring inside the PC socket is what would normally catch people out. You actually have to pull out the whole locking lever/switch thingy from the PC socket after you've removed the locking ring - have you done that? There are two sprung progs which hold it in place & it can be a little tricky to coax them out of their grooves to allow you to pull the lever/switch out. You don't need to remove the shutter release as far as I recall.

I hope this helps - goodness knows you've helped me enough times.

Cheers
Wayne

Stuart Willis

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stuart's archival notes - following a similar "head-scratch" with a Rolleiflex T :-

Frontplate removal in order to access the shutter.
A special tubular tool of 5.9mm diameter - with two prongs milled into the business end - is required to undo the deepset slotted ring inside the flash-synch assy.
The outer flash-sych' boss can then be pulled off. It is held by two parallel wire springs which serve also to provide a grip tension on the flash connector when it is inserted.

The centre pin screw of the VXM lever is then removed and the knob lifted off.
The leather on the front panel is then removed to reveal four screws in the face of the front panel. When these are now removed the front panel will lift off.

Hope this helps.

rick

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks very much for the help, guys. I have managed to get the panel off.... though on this particular camera it was absolutely impossible to remove the PC lock collar - the grooves with the spring wires were much too deep to release. I finally gave up on that and wrestled the cover off with the ring still stuck in it, and then removed it so that I can reassemble it without a similar wrestling match.

I have to say I'm not very impressed with either the design or the choice of materials in this model. The whole readout-tape system for the apertures and shuttter speeds could have worked well with good materials but as it is, it's not up to Rollei standards by any means.

Wayne

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick

I agree - they're er... INTERESTING machines those T's. Budget materials for a budget Rollei I suppose, but even so they still would have been an expensive camera new. The wind mechanism also feels pretty crude compared to other Rolleis.

The camera is pretty light though and it's nice to have the 645 option.

Glad you got that fascia off, sounds like it was a stubborn individual.

Cheers
Wayne

Arnold
Tinkerer
Username: Arnold

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have followed this discussion to help me take the fascia panel off. I needed to tighten the retaining ring of the aperture/shutter speed change leveras it got loose and lever very hard to move and the filter bayonet rattling around. . Now everything seem to move smoothly, but having trouble putting everything back - it is the coupling of the shutter speed - a metal arm inch long with arch with a hole in the middle has dropped out when I took the face off and I can't work out how that goes back in, to link the shutter speed change. I found Stuart's posting most helpful here - can anyone help!? Cheers

haru

P0ulp
Tinkerer
Username: P0ulp

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 09:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I don't really understand how to remove the fascia panel ? I remove the 4 screw and have the same problem as you, the panel it retained by flash sync ?

Can someone please explain me how to remove it please ?

thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration