Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT201 Light Meter Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta SRT201 Light Meter Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got a SRT201 and it seems in fine condition, but the light meter doesn't seem to work. If anyone has any information on how I could fix this I would really appreciate it.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might put in a new battery, turn on the meter and smack the camera into the heel of your hand. Seriously...these cameras have a tendency for the meter needle to hang on the stickiness of the little pegs the needle rests on. This will disable the meter quicker than anything. Also, you might check the on/off switch under the bottom plate. They were not very sophisticated switches, and they had a tendency to quit working. There are other places to look, but these are two good ones for a start. Good luck.
Jon

Ed

Posted on Monday, January 23, 2006 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You may have to remove the bottom cover and slightly lift up on the two switch contacts--they have a habit on not making contact with the dial/know on the bottom o=cover.

Ron

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First step is a new battery of the correct voltage.

There can be bad or even wornout switch contacts as Ed said, or the foam stops have turned to goo and stuck the meter needle, as Jon said.

Also, the balsam-type glue that holds the meter cells to the prism can become opaque and must be thoroughly cleaned off, then re-mounted.

Harry Shaft

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta XE 5, circa 1976, with an apparently broken meter coupling ring. My MD lenses can only be used in the stopped down metering mode. I'd like to fix this if possible. The ring is not grabbing the aperture and that's why the lens is not stopping down. Any suggestions?

Iván Ferrer

Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't speak english, sorry
I have a Minolta XE-5. when i take a photo, the mirror lift to allow the image fix in the film. Then, the mirror keep lifted and the photo is moves (blurred)¿? When i move the velocity knob, (you know, B-X-60-125-250-500-etc-etc)until the B position, the mirror returns his place. I don't know what to do. I beging to desasemble or dismantle it and when lift the cover, I find a little screw. I don't know where it goes place. I want your help! How can i do? I would like to receive a copy of " Reparing" or similar of this equipment. Thanks so much !

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration