Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-2 shutter sticking Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM-2 shutter sticking « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ben C

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new to the board, so you guys have probably covered this 1000 times, but I have an OM-2 that the shutter is starting to stick on about 20% of the shots. Typically only at lower shutter speeds, but sometimes higher. It started with just the mirror sticking every once in a while, but that didn't affect the picture. Then on the first shot (after the camera had sat for a while) you could hear that the camera would take too long. Like you could have it set for a 1/1000th exposure, and when you took the shot everything would click open, and hang for a second or so, then click back. Then it would shoot fine after that, this didn't see to affect pictures so I figured it was also the mirror. And all of a sudden it started doing what it is now. I shot some without a lens and the back open and I could see the shutter is also sticking now, everything will stick open until I barely touch the shutter speed ring and then it will click closed. The shutter box was rebuilt 2 years ago, but I have only shot maybe 20 rolls of film in this camera since then. Any help for an amature is appreciated! Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration