Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Is it necessary to disassemble Olympu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Is it necessary to disassemble Olympus Pen F? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nicolas

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 02:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My stupidity caused a great problem with Pen F. Trying to check whether I can make fully automatic adapter for using Canon FD lenses on Pen F, I decided to estimate necessary effort for controlling diaphragm. So I opened shutter at "B" and began pressing diaphragm controlling lever of the body to the right, measuring effort and maximal displacement. But the camera was not fool proof, and after cocking (and, may be, releasing)the shutter under theese conditions the whole mechanics became jammed. Can I do anything, or the disassembling is inevitable? Thanks for any advice. Nicolas.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Henry

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Boy, it has been a long time since I've had a Pen F open. Sounds like you have just gotten the release sequence out of phase and need to fully cock the camera again to get everything back inline.

I've been sitting here trying to remember where the wind lock is located. I'm not sure. But I seem to remember a long push rod under the bottom cover. Try pushing this rod towards the rewind side of the camera. The shutter should fire then you can wind again...I think.

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration