Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

The Frame counter on my Minolta X-370... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » The Frame counter on my Minolta X-370 won't advance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alek Ondusko

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frame counter on my Minolta X-370 won't advance, but the film and the film advance bar function perfectly. I want to know if i could fix it myself, have no camera repair experience.

Alek Ondusko

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, yeah, if anyone lives in the Sterling Hts. MI area and knows a good repair shop in the area please tell me, I'm looking for a good deal as I am a student, and therefore broke.

Ron

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The frame counter parts could simply need a good cleaning. There is a plastic pin on the frame counter dial of the X-bodies that can break off. You can replace the entire part or install a metal pin to restore functioning. Be sure to retension the operating spring when re-installing.

Doug

Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a X-370 that was just donated to our club at school. I know nothing about the camera. The shutter release does not work. It has not been used in a long time and I suspect the battries are dead. Do the battries have to be up to release the shutter or is it manual? This is probably why the person gave it to us.

Ron

Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2006 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The X-370 and similar Minolta SLR bodies use electronics to operate the camera, meaning that the camera won't work without electrical power. Always try a fresh battery first.

Minolta manual-focus SLR bodies of this era like the X-370 are well-known for failure of an electrolytic shutter release capacitor that can cause the problem you mention, other possibilities are dirty shutter magnets and/or a bad flex circuit. Repair is usually possible, but would probably cost more than the camera is worth. I see a lot of dislodged shutters on X-370s as well, for some reason.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration