Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus om 10 shutter speed indicater... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus om 10 shutter speed indicater problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mollie b

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The only light that comes on is the overspeed light no matter what i do. Whats wrong?
If possible how can i fix this?

Adrian

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 02:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The OM10 I am told has TWO exposure meters - one on the front of the camera on the right hand side as you point it, and a second actually behind the mirror internally.

If the one with the light has died you can still use it if you set it to auto rather than manual, when the internal one will do the job for you. Of course if you, unlike me, know enough about photography to want to play with different exposures this is not so helpful...

Adrian

Adrian

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ooops... Forgot to mention that I believe there is an OM10 repair manual on the "repair manuals" link, to the left...

As for whether it is a simple task or not I haven't a clue, I just shoved mine on auto and there it's stayed.

Adrian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration