Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rangefinder Ikonta 524/16 adjustement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Rangefinder Ikonta 524/16 adjustement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mario Groleau

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I got a very clean Ikonta B 524/16 rangefinder camera. But the rangefinder is not correctly adjusted to the infinite.

I already adjusted rangefinder on Agfa Isolette III, Retina IIa, Super Ikonta 531 cameras. But I do not find info about this camera.

Do you have an idea of the calibration procedure of this rangefinder?

Thank you in advance for any good ideas.

Mario Groleau
Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
http://mgroleau.com

Dave

Posted on Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bon jour Mario
The adjustment for the rangefinder is within the lens mount. Remove the plate around the lens, remove the ring around the front element of the lens by undoing the three small screws that secure it. Now you can see the gearing that drives the rangefinder prisms. lift off the ring that is around the lens, turn the small gear that is attached to the rangefinder mechanism until the image in the rangefinder is at infinity. Focus the lens to infinity using a piece of ground glass at the film plane, re-install the ring aound the lens, keeping in mind the drive pin that engages with the ring. It mus be set so that when the distance indicator is at infinity so is the lens and the rangefinder. Have fun, it is a really tricky job, but it can be done.

Mario Groleau

Posted on Friday, January 27, 2006 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Thank you

But the camera have not this kind of RangeFinder, il is an uncoupled range finder contained in the top housing. I will send you a picture to you.

I aleady adjust a super ikonta rangefinder, it is realy a tricky Job.

But with this camera the question is, do you think that I will have surprise when I will remove the top housing. Like flying springs!

Link to a similar camera picture:
http://www.certo6.com/images/ZeissIkontaM35Novar1.jpg

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration