Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Perkeo I...jammed self timer Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Perkeo I...jammed self timer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Price

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I picked up a Perkeo I recently that was real dirty but it cleaned up nicely and looks good now. However, it has a self timer lever that is jammed in the on position. Does anyone know how to release it without taking the shutter apart? If worse comes to worse does anyone know where I can get a repair manual or some help on removing the shutter so I can work on it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dan Mitchell

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most likely the shutter is dirty and needs to be cleaned. You can try putting a drop of cigarette lighter fluid (aka naptha) in through the self-timer lever slot and it may release. Most likely the shutter is stuck and that's why the self-timer is not running down. It needs a good cleaning.

Assuming it's a prontor shutter - use the search on this site for more information on cleaning the shutter.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration