Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zorki 4 rangefinder calibration? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zorki 4 rangefinder calibration? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Kovacs

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Zorki 4 here that focuses at about 0.5m instead of 1m when I align at infinity.

How do I adjust it? Moving the cam on the arm doesn't seem to help, but is this the proper technique?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whilst I only work on Zorki/FED 1, all range finder adjustment instructions I have seen seem to cover all models. Moving the cam is the correct technique and in your case the cam 'tip' wants to be move outwards. You can end up having to keep correcting the infinity focus also, until you get it right.

There are a number of things you can check - which I am sure you have already done. Does the lens work correctly on another body that has known correct rangefinder adjustment? Was your infinity actually far enough away? Is mount/film plane distance 28.8mm?

If all these are correct, then you will just have to keep going back and forth between near and far distances. One point worth noting: I have seen some cams that when removed from the lever, were a very sloppy fit on the rivet/screw retainer. This slop was enough to negate the rotary extension/reduction of the 'tip' in some cases. Make sure the cam is a good fit on the retainer.

Mike Kovacs

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 06:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK will check - when I move the cam tip out, I have to go so far that the arm hits its limit before reaching infinity when I focus the other way!

Its a Jupiter 8 lens that seems fine on the FED2(d) I repaired right before this.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration