Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica /s2 auto- shutter is fianlly w... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica /s2 auto- shutter is fianlly working BUT aperature « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Clarke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 07:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I have been working on a Konica S2 auto, following the references on this site. I got the shutter working, but cannot get the aperture to open. At f16, trying to open to 1.8, it does not move by itself. I have been cleaning the blades, from the shutter side, they look spotless. What else do I need to clean?

thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The aperture on the S2 is a weak point. The blades must be absolutely clean, since the actuating spring is very weak. I would not recommend to rebend it since this may disturb the AE mechanism.

Does the aperture open and close in manual mode? And you can also check whether the AE mechanism works at all. There is a little 'door' under the release button (under the leatherette) where you can get access to parts of the AE mechanism. The parts you see through this opening should go up and down as you press and release the shutter button.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration