Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME super battery problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax ME super battery problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Amalee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 09:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, i have a Pentax ME super and just bought new lr44 batteries yesterday, and it was working fine, then all of a sudden the light meter is not working. I tried warming the batteries up and switching them, but no luck. Does anyone have any clue to what it could be? Or any other battery suggestions?
I know it can work without the light meter, but i'm just starting out in photography and really need the light meter to help.

Stuart Willis

Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 01:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All sorts of possibilities ... but your first move would be to remove the batteries and then thoroughly clean the contacts within the battery compartment. Don't forget to clean the inside of the battery cap and in particular both the male and female threads associated with the battery cap.

Drop the batteries into position from a handkerchief or cleaning cloth with which you have cleaned any fingerprints or finger-grease from the battery cells.

You might get lucky.

Hope this helps

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The ME Super has an electronically controlled shutter. If you are saying the shutter is working properly, then it cannot be the batteries at fault. If shutter is only working at mechanical default setting and you still have problems after following Stuart's advice, try another set of batteries from another source. Faulty/old stock batteries should be ruled out also.

The next logical area to check is the condition of the feed wire from the battery box. The conductor in these can degrade over time and it may just be coincidence, but most of the cases I have dealt with have occurred within a short time of fitting new batteries.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration