Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax SP1000 (spotmatic) metering sw... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax SP1000 (spotmatic) metering switch won't stay up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alex Pretzlav

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This seems to be the opposite of the most common spotmatic problem where the meter won't switch off after an exposure. I couldn't find anything searching these forums.
I was given a used SP1000 about five years ago and it has worked wonderfully since I got it, but lately the meter switch ("SW" switch) has not been "clicking" into place and staying up when I push it. At first it would stay if I held it in place for a moment or sometimes pushed it towards the camera body while I pushed it up, but now it won't stay up no matter what I do. The meter still works fine, but the switch won't stay.
Is there any way to fix this short of something possibly destructive that should be left to a professional?

Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ed

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have to remove the front panel to get to the locking mechanism, located on the side of the mirror box. When you have the front panel off, be sure the screw holding switch knob on is secure--be careful-- some had plastic knobs and easily cracked and then you in deep trouble.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration