Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super Paxette Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Super Paxette « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone have any experience removing the top of a Super Paxette? Im concerned about the wind spring. Is there instructions or a diagram somewhere? I need to clean the viewfinder........

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took off the top cap from mmine ... and the spring came out like Jumping Jack Flash, this cured me from German cameras. Take my advice: do NOT open it before you have found out about how to reinstall everything. Mine is still in parts !

Stuart Willis

Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree with Werner.
Have stripped and reassembled several such models - so the task is "doable". But it is a swine of a job. Pure cuckooland.
Given that the Super Paxette's are of no great worth - I would suggest you put up with a less than sparkling clear viewfinder.

Dave

Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ok,agreed.....I'll leave it alone for now, but I have to comment,it sure is a nice little camera....

Roger Provins

Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I took one to pieces about two years ago. It's still in bits......

Roger

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some notes about reassembly of the advance crank of the Paxettes. I'll check whether they are in presentable shape. It IS possible to reassemble it, provided you did not loose any of the components (the detent is a very small piece of metal but gets lost easily).

Uups - I think I already left a posting about the Paxette crank in this forum. Please check the archives.

Winfried

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the archives for 'paxette lever'. My posting is the last in the 3rd paragraph.

Steve

Posted on Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's easy enough to get the wind-lever off.

DO NOT take out the centre screw. As mentioned above, it is a pig to get back together!

From below, within the film compartment, take the centre screw out of the wind spindle. In the gap between the wind-lever and the body you will see a tab at about 10 o'clock which engages with a slot in the body. With a piece of thin steel wire bent to a hook, pull this forward (it is acting on the wind-lever return spring). When it is clear of the body the whole assembly lifts off in one piece.

Winfried

Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That's a great hint. Up to now I always had to disassemble the lever to get access to the top cover.

On some early lever-wind Paxettes there is NOT a slot but only a small hole where the tab fits in. I wonder whether your procedure will work on these , too?

Steve

Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 03:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've only done it on a Super Paxette (original shape), so I'm not sure if it would work on the ones you describe, Winfried. I would guess possibly not.

Steve

Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 01:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just tried taking off the wind assembly on the Super Paxette without pulling the tab forward out of its slot, and it did prove to be impossible, so it looks as though the method will not work on models that have a hole instead of a slot.

In my original message I should have mentioned that you have to remove the three screws and plate from the bottom of the body to remove the take-up spool before you can get at the centre screw (be careful not to lose the plunger and spring from the end of the sprocket spindle). Also don't lose the shim above the gearwheel that will be released when the wind assembly is removed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration