Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Who can repair a Voigtlander Vitessa ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Who can repair a Voigtlander Vitessa in the USA? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nicolas

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 10, 2006 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I got from my mother a Voigtlander Vitessa in near mint condition.

Looking thru the lens (wide open + B speed), I can see strange colors. Too, the pictures I took weren't very sharp. I removed the front element and it is OK.

I suspect the rear element of the lens (Ultron 2/50) behind the shutter to be a doublet and that for any reason the lenses are not glued together anymore. This could explain the poor optical results.

I would like this camera to be checked (lens + rangefinder accuracy and alignment).

Anyone has a trusty name and address in USA?

Thanks a lot.

M Currie

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 08:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These guys don't always run cheap but they're good, and they give estimates, which in my experience at least they stick to:

http://www.vermontcamera.com

This is, by the way, an actual physical store, not just a web business. I've taken several cameras to them and gotten good repairs. If you like old cameras, they have a small but rather tempting stock of old rangefinders and folders and the like, some at pretty good bargain prices

alex

Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello i recently found a voigtlander vitessa camera in the attic of my old old house and i dont know if it is broken or i dont know how to use it.

when i press the tall button down it only goes down about half way and when i go to take a picture nothing happens plz help i need to know

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration